IoT Platform and Hardware Overview
The key physical components of an Enlighted intelligent lighting control system are as shown in the following figures:
- Enlighted IoT Platform
- Hardware Overview
The deployment of an Enlighted intelligent lighting control system in a multi-floor building is illustrated in
Manage provides a web-based user interface for lighting system management, IoT device management, and optimizing building system performance. Read Manage Overview for a high-level description, and to help you get started and configure Manage, refer to the articles in the product category Manage.
Where: The Enlighted Where application reliably tracks the location of objects or people in real-time in a building or across buildings in an enterprise using data from the Enlighted IoT platform.
Space: The Enlighted Space application, powered with the data collected by Enlighted sensors, enables organizations to understand and optimize their real estate utilization while improving productivity.
|Surface Sensor Su-5i-USB||Manage|
|Low Bay Sensors||High Bay Sensors|
The following simplified diagram shows the placement of Enlighted lighting devices such as sensors, control units, gateways, ERC switches, and Manage servers.
The Enlighted Manage provides a secure web-based interface to monitor, control, and analyze energy savings and other data collected by the Enlighted Smart Sensor network.
Manage is determined by the number of connected devices as shown in the following table. View or download the required Manage Spec Sheets from the Spec Sheet column
|Manage||Product Code||Min. Sensor Capacity||Max. Sensor Capacity||Spec Sheet|
|Midrange Enlighted Manage||EM-2-03||1000||5000||English rev.09|
|Enterprise Enlighted Manage (EEM)||EM-03-01||5000||
10,000 with BACnet
18,000 without BACnet
|Enlighted Manage in the Cloud (EMC)||EMC-SWC-01||0||18000|
Refer to the Manage deployment and scalability limits to understand the multiple deployment options to match your needs.
- Manage Installation Guide
- Enclosure for Manage and PoE Switch
- Manage System Administrator Guide
- Manage FAQs
Enclosure for Manage and PoE Switch (ENCL-EM/FAN)
The Enlighted Enclosure with Fan is a custom-built enclosure designed to protect the On-premise Manage servers and Power over Ethernet (PoE) switches.
The Enlighted Gateway is the intermediary device between Enlighted Manage and Enlighted Control network.
When the Gateway (GW) is mounted in an outdoor environment, install the Gateway in a weatherproof enclosure to prevent it from any external damage. Refer to the Weatherproof Gateway Enclosure (ENCL_GW).
Refer to the Gateway Installation Guide for installing the Gateway.
For outdoor installations the Gateway must be mounted indoors and remote the antenna. For more information refer to Gateway Antenna Selection Guidelines.
Only Enlighted registered partners and customers have access to download and upgrade firmware images on a Gateway. Refer to the list of available Gateway Firmware Images.
Weatherproof Gateway Enclosure (ENCL_GW)
When the Enlighted Gateway (GW) is mounted in an outdoor environment, the Gateway should be installed in a weatherproof enclosure to prevent it from any external damage. Enlighted has tested and approved the use of the ATTABOX AH864C as a Gateway enclosure (ENCL_GW) and can be purchased to use with the Enlighted Gateway (GW‐2‐01).
ATTABOX – Heartland Series Enclosures
Refer to the AH864C Specs.
The Heartland (AH) 8 x 6 x 4 inches polycarbonate enclosures are for use in both interior and exterior applications. The enclosure protects the Enlighted Gateway from dust, rain, splashing water, waves, and hose directed water with superior impact and flame protection. The Gateway is rated for 32° to 122° F / 0° to 50° C and rests in the bottom of the box; drill a knock out anywhere in the box for the low voltage (LV) wire to enter the box.
Heartland Enclosure Features:
- NEMA 4X non‐metallic enclosure
- Clear and opaque lids
- Rated IP66
- Rated Type 1, 3R, 4, 4X, 12
- Rated F1 UV‐light
- Rated UL94-V0 flammability
- Easy to remove the lid
- High-performance inserts
- Integrated lock hasp
- Molded-in bosses
- Multi‐directional mounting feet
- Latches and hinges do not penetrate the enclosure.
- Flush‐fit side mount swing panel and DIN rail system.
|8 x 6 x 4 inches||6.25 x 4.25||8.75||6.75||9.4||5.7||8.3||5||6.3||6.75 x 4.75||7.625 x 5.625|
Enlighted offers two types of switches: Enlighted Room Control (ERC) and EnOcean for pairing with the Enlighted sensor network to control light levels of a group of fixtures.
View or download the required Switches Spec Sheets from the following table.
|Product Name||Product Code||Description||Spec Sheet|
|4-button battery operated|
|EDRPB-W-EO||4-button No battery||View PDF|
2-button No battery
|Dual Rocker||EWSDB-W-EO||4-button No battery||View PDF|
2-button No battery
|Dual Rocker||BTT-S1-EXX||4-button||View PDF|
For installing the ERC or EnOcean or Illumra switch, refer to the Install Guides.
For adding the switch to the Enlighted sensor network, configuring the switch to control a group of fixtures, and testing the switch functionality, refer to the following articles:
If a switch is defective or not functioning,
Control Units (CU-4)
The Enlighted Fixture Mount Control Unit (CU) interfaces with Enlighted sensors and ballast or LED driver to intelligently control light behavior.
Available Control Units:
- Fixture Mount Control Unit for 0-10V drivers:
Control Unit (CU-4E-FMH) Spec Sheet The CU is mounted inside an enclosure.
- Nipple Mount External/Internal Control Unit (North America only):
Control Unit (CU-4E-NME/NMI) Spec Sheet. Intended for field installations, mounted on the side in the junction box using the nipple, or mounted outside of the fixture. Two versions are available, NME (Nipple mount external), where the sensor is external to the fixture, NMI (Nipple mount internal). the sensor is mounted internal to the fixture.
- Fixture Mount Control Unit for DALI drivers (Europe only): in support of our traditional 8-pin sensors and enabling hardware energy metering of traditional DALI drivers, the Fixture Mount Control Unit for DALI drivers is available ONLY in the EU countries accepting the CE mark. Please note that the Control Unit for DALI incorporates the DALI PSU, so there is no need to procure a separate PSU. The Control Unit for DALI does NOT support Tunable White (DT8) or Emergency Lighting (DT1) functions, but it has the ability to meter energy.
Control Unit (CU-4D-FM) Spec Sheet | Control Unit (CU-4D-FM) German Spec Sheet.
1. Refer to the corresponding Installation Guide:
- Control Unit (CU-4E-FMH) Install Guide
- Control Unit (CU-4E-NME/NMI) Install Guide
- Control Unit DALI (CU-4D-FM) Install Guide
3. Other reference articles for CUs:
- Control Unit Power Consumption
- Control Unit (CU-4E-FMH) EMC Considerations
- Control Unit (CU-4E) 3D Models (available only for Partners and Customers)
- Gen 5 Sensor Cables for Control Unit (CU-4E)
- Line Diagrams
DALI Power Supply Unit (PSU-4-200/PSU-6-200)
The DALI Power Supply Units (DALI PSU-4-200, PSU-6-200) are provided by the third-party provider Shenzhen Lighting Control.
For applications that utilize traditional DALI drivers that do not have an integrated PSU, an external PSU can be added. While there are many manufacturers of quality PSUs worldwide, Enlighted offers the following DALI PSUs.
View or download the DALI Power Supply Unit Spec Sheets.
- Refer to the article DALI Solutions for additional details.
- For installation instructions, view articles
Enlighted cables provide hard-wired connections between the Enlighted Gen 5 sensors and Control Units (CU-4) or Profile 0 drivers for reliable performance.
Smart Managed Pro Switch (SW-PoE-8-8-NAS)
Gigabit Smart Managed PoE Switch (SW-POE-8-8-NAS-1)
The Gigabit Smart Managed Switch, sourced from D-Link, can be used with the Enlighted Gateways, and it provides data switching power for the Enlighted IoT network.
Refer to the D-Link website for details.
Product Code: SW-POE-8-8-NAS-1
Download the Product Spec Sheet:
Plug Load Controller (PC‐01‐20)
The Enlighted Plug Load Controller (PLC) transforms receptacles in 20A circuits to controlled and metered smart receptacles for energy-efficient and code-compliant plug load control.
View or download the Plug Load Controller, Spec Sheet: English rev.11
- PLCs are installed near the outlet or load they control, and they must be wired properly to the outlet.
- Place the PLC in the electrical closet or near an electrical panel for easy access and visibility.
- Plug Load Controller should be installed within the gateway's wireless range and close to any sensor of the group they belong to.
- PLCs need to hear from only one sensor and do not need to hear from all sensors in the group.
- The controlling sensor should belong to the same motion group to which the Gateway is assigned. Make sure the sensor is placed near the closet.
For floor outlets, the PLC must not be buried in the floor.
- Plug Load Controller Installation Guide
- Plug Load Controller PC-01-20 Line Diagram
- Plug Load Controller FAQs
The Contact Closure, sourced from Barix and certified by Enlighted, integrates the Enlighted Lighting network with other equipment throughout the building.
View or download the Contact Closure, Spec Sheet: English rev.05