Find a Desk
How it works
You can find desks based on availability, preferences, nearby amenities, coworkers, and neighborhoods (if available at your organization). You can see the availability of designated desks, can view specific attributes of a desk, and can book desks. Please be aware that you can only book one desk per day.
If your organization has implemented Neighborhoods, floor maps will display areas of a building’s floor that include desks, rooms, and amenities. They are displayed as color-shaded areas on a floor map and typically indicate workspaces for a specific department or team.
Neighborhoods help you find a workspace close to the teams and coworkers you are working with on the day of your booking. To find a desk or room, you can search available Neighborhoods and see what workspaces are open for booking.
Find a Desk on a Map
- Go to > Home screen > Location or Map
- Zoom in on your preferred area on the map.
- You can toggle between floors to search the map on another floor.
- Select a desk and review details.
- If it looks good, click Desk Booking.
- Then, review your booking and complete steps to book a desk — for yourself or for a Coworker.
Example: Find a desk on a map and book for a single day.
Search for a Desk
- Go to > Home screen > Search
- Click the Desks icon.
- Filter your search by selecting space traits such as Floor, Date, times, or Neighborhood (if available).
- You can also enter keywords, such as monitoror standing.
- Results list only the desks that fit your criteria.
- Select the desk you want to reserve and click Book.
- Review the desk details and proceed with steps to book a desk — for yourself or for a Coworker.
Example: Search for a desk and book for a single day.
Book a Desk — for yourself or for a Coworker (Delegate Booking)
You can book a desk for a single day, or you can book the same desk and time slot over multiple days or a consecutive date range. You can only book one desk per day. If your organization has implemented Delegate Booking in the building, you can also book a desk on behalf of another coworker.
- After selecting a desk to book, the Book Desk page displays.
- Click Select Date to view the calendar.
- Toggle to Days or Range. This toggle allows you to reserve the same desk and time slot for multiple days or over a range of days.
For example: If you reserve a desk from 10am on Monday to 3pm on Tuesday, two bookings will be created: one from 10am to 3pm on Monday and the second from 10am to 3pm on Tuesday. Each room booking can be individually viewed, edited, and/or canceled from the Scheduled Desk Booking home page card. See example below.
- Days – Allows you to reserve the same desk and time slot for than one day.
- Range – Allows you to reserve the same desk and time slot over multiple, consecutive days.
- Select the Start time and End time. The days and times for each day display, showing your time slot in dark green.
- Is this booking for yourself?
This option is only available if your organization has implemented Delegate Booking in the building, which allows you to book a desk on behalf of another coworker.
- Yes is the default selection that indicates the booking is for yourself.
- Select No if you are booking the desk for a coworker.
- Click Complete booking. A confirmation message displays on your home screen.
- Check-in feature: If this is feature is implemented at your location, you may be required check in on the day of your booking.
- Bookings for Coworkers (if your organization has implemented Delegate Booking): When the booking is completed, the coworker receives an email notifying them that a desk has been reserved for them via Comfy. Both users can view and manage the desk booking via the Scheduled Desk Bookings homepage card, which includes two tabs: My Bookingsand Booked For. Reservations also can be viewed on the desk’s booking page, under My Bookings and Booked For sections. Updates made by either user are reflected in the booking sections for both users.
Book a desk for yourself
Book a desk for a Coworker
Book a Desk near a Coworker
You can book a desk near a Coworker for the same day and time as their booking.
Important: A coworkers reservations display only if they have opted in to show their workspaces to coworkers.
- Go to Search > Coworkers
- Select or enter the coworker's name. The coworker's desk bookings display.
- Click SEE ON MAP for the day/time you want to work together. The map displays desk availability for the date and time of the coworker’s booking.
- Select a desk near your coworker to view details.
- Click Desk booking. The date and start time of the coworker’s desk booking is auto-populated in the calendar.
- Click Complete booking.
Example: Book a desk near a coworker.
View your Desk booking
You can view your Desk booking(s) on the Home Screen. If Delegate Booking has been implemented in your organization, you can also view desk bookings you make for other coworkers.
- Go to > Home screen > Scheduled Desk Bookings card
Check in to your Desk booking
- How it works
- Check in from the app notification
- Check in from the Scheduled Desk Booking card — for yourself or coworker (if Delegate Booking is enabled at your organization)
How it works
If you reserve a desk that requires Check-In, and you have enabled Push Notifications, the app will send a notification shortly before your reservation begins.
- The timing of this notification depends on your organization’s settings.
- If your organization has enabled auto-release, you will need to check in to keep the reservation.
Check in from the app notification
- When you receive the Confirm Your Booking notification on your phone, tap it to open the app.
- Click Confirm Desk Booking to check in or cancel your reservation if you no longer need it.
Check in from the Scheduled Desk Booking card — for yourself or coworker
- If the booking is for yourself, you can check in on the My Bookings tab.
- If your organization has implemented Delegate Booking, you can view desk bookings you have made for other coworkers in the Booked For tab. You can check in for the coworker on this tab.
Cancel or edit your Desk booking
You can cancel or edit your Desk booking from the app home screen.
- Go to > Home screen > Scheduled Desk Bookings card
- Find the booking you want to change and click Edit Booking.
- To cancel: click Cancel booking.
- To change it: select a new date/time
- Click Confirm. You will receive a notification that your booking was canceled or updated.