This article describes how to recall a lighting scene color intensity for Tunable White fixtures before the lights are turned off. The lights will come back on with the last scene color temperature instead of the max. color temperature before the lights are turned off.
Each set of light level and color intensity settings for a fixture is called a Scene. When fixtures are configured for Tunable White, the color temperature describes how warm (yellow or orange) or cool (white or blue) the light appears. Pressing and holding the ERC Switch buttons one and two increase or decrease the color temperature of the fixtures correspondingly.
For example, lights in a room are configured for 4000k color temperature for a presentation, and after 15 minutes, the lights are configured to dim to 2000k using the ERC switch. Due to no occupancy, the lights turn off. When the lights are turned on with the ERC, the lights will come back with the last scene color temperature of 2000k instead of the max color temperature.
Please make sure that the following requirements are met.
- Manage v4.5 and above. Contact Enlighted Customer Support to upgrade Manage application to version v4.5 if you are running an older version.
- This feature works in Manage v4.5 only when the new UI is enabled. If you do not see the toggle button to switch between the New UI and Classic UI, please contact Enlighted Support to enable the toggle button in your Manage application.
- Click Facilities in the left navigation pane and select a floor.
- Click on the Groups tab. The Switch, Motion, and Daylight Groups are displayed in the right pane. In addition, the floor map shows Switch, Motion, and Daylight groups identified and grouped by color on the floor map.
- Select the Gateway associated with the devices. There are two ways to select a Gateway:
- If you know the Gateway name, use the Gateway filtericon to select a Gateway from the dropdown list, and click Apply to view the devices belonging to the Gateway.
- If you do not know the Gateway name, right-click on the Gateway in the floor map and select Filter Using this Gateway to view the devices belonging to the selected Gateway.
- Select the Switch Group check box. The parameters corresponding to the Switch Group are highlighted.
- Choose the appropriate parameter values for the Switch Group. Refer to the Create Switch Group.
- To Recall the Lighting Scene Color for Tunable White fixtures before the lights were turned off, click the three ellipses dots next to the Initial Time and choose an option.
- On-Off Sticky Color – Configures the lights to come back with the last scene color temperature before the lights are turned off.
- Override Sticky Color – Configure the lights to come back with the last scene color temperature after the Override period is expired. The Override period is 60 minutes for any manual adjustments to a fixture's light or color profile settings. Refer to the Override Light Levels/Color Temporarily for a description of temporarily overriding the light profile settings.
- Hold the Ctrlkey, click and drag a rectangle to select the devices in the area, or hold the Ctrl key and individually select the devices to be grouped. A single sensor can be associated with up to five groups. Select as many sensors as needed, as there is no maximum limit.
- Release the Ctrl key to create the Switch Group with the selected devices.
Note: If you are an iOS user, use the cmd key instead of the Ctrl key.
Confirm and Save the Switch Group
- Verify the selected Switch Group parameters and make any final updates if needed. The newly added Group is added and identified with a '+' symbol preceding the system-generated Switch Group name in the right pane.
- Click Save to save the Switch Group.
Note that the Circadian option takes precedence when the Configure Recall Scene Lighting Scene Color option for fixtures is used with the Circadian option. Therefore, it will override the Recall Last lighting Scene for the fixtures.