If the red LED on a plug load controller is on continuously, you will need to return the unit. Please check the procedure for obtaining the Return Merchandise Authorization (RMA).
After receiving the replacement PLC, remove the current PLC, and install the replacement in its place. Then, discover and commission the PLC.
Discover the Plug Load Controller
To discover a PLC on a floor:
- Select the floor in the Facilities tree.
- Click Devices.
- Click the Plugloads sub-tab. A list of discovered and commissioned PLCs is displayed.
- Click the Discover button.
In the Discover PLC pop-up,
- Select the appropriate Gateway from the dropdown. Note that the Gateway should be the same as the old PLC.
- Type in the Number of installed Plug Loads in the facility.
Tip: The Number of installed Plugloads must be more than the Number of discovered Plugloads.
- Click Start to discover Plug Loads. When all PLCs are discovered, the number of discovered Plugloads is displayed.
Manage adds the RMA Plug Load and lists it in the Plugload table. Select the new PLC and click the Commission button in the Action column.
In the Commission and Place Fixtures screen,
- Select the PLC that needs to be replaced on the floor plan by clicking on it.
- If required, select a profile from the list.
- Right-click the PLC on the floor plan and select RMA in the pop-up to commission the PLC, as shown below.
Click OK on the screen that is displayed. Wait until Success is displayed and click Done.