This article applies to Manage upgraded to 4.5v with new UI features. Toggle the New User Experience button to switch to the new Manage UI. If you do not see the toggle button to switch between the New UI and Classic UI, please contact Enlighted Support to enable the toggle button in your Manage application.
The Energy Consumption displays Energy Savings and Usage for the day. Energy Savings is the difference between Baseline Energy Consumption and Actual Energy Consumption. Baseline Energy Consumption is determined either by:
- Fixture-Level Energy Savings for each fixture/Plugload, or
- Contractual Baseline Energy Savings for an organization, campus, building, or floor.
To view Energy Consumption,
- Select a facility in the left panel and click the Energy Consumption tab.
- Choose to view energy consumption for All Fixtures or Plugloads in the facility. Plugloads include both Managed and Unmanaged Plugloads. Managed Plugloads control fans and monitors, etc. that are powered on only when there are occupants. Appliances that need to be powered on to provide uninterrupted service are connected to Unmanaged Plugloads.
- Date Range — The dashboard displays consumption data 24 hours from the current date. To change the duration period, select a specific date range from the calendar in the dashboard's top-right corner or quickly customize it to show weekly, monthly, quarterly, yearly, daily, or custom time intervals. If you specify a time range of Last 24 hours in the Time Range Picker, the data is displayed in 15 minute intervals, so for example, energy consumed between 9:15 and 9:30 am is grouped.
- Energy Usage — This is monitored and measured by,
Energy Consumption Summary
The Energy Consumption Dashboard provides a summary of the following categories. The tooltip displays details for each category when a user hovers over an information icon (i).
Period savings is the total amount of energy saved for the period by all the fixtures through a combination of Task-Tune, Occupancy, and Daylight Harvesting savings. See savings calculations (PDF).
Period Consumption/Cost/CO2 Emissions
Period Consumption — This is the total amount of energy consumed by all fixtures in this space during the selected time period.
Period Cost — This is the total amount of money it costs to power all fixtures in this space during the selected time period.
CO2 Emissions — This is the total CO2 emissions generated by all fixtures in this space during the selected time period. The CO2 emission value displayed is based on the US emission factor value. This value differs by geography and is subject to change. The Changing the CO2 Factor Value article describes how to edit the CO2 Factor value. The article is available only for Enlighted Internal users. Please contact Enlighted Customer Support to update the CO2 Factor Value.
Period Peak Load
The average Energy Consumption rate over the last 5-minute interval.
The peak 5-minute average Energy Consumption rate for the selected period.
The estimated average Energy Consumption rate over the last 5-minute interval based on fixture baseline load configurations.
The Period Energy shows the savings realized for all categories (i.e., Task-Tune, Occupancy, Daylight Harvesting savings) against the cost to power all the fixtures in this space for the selected period. The following figure shows the savings for all fixtures on a floor for a day based on the Fixture-based energy savings method.
The graph illustrates the various types of Energy Consumption categories. Hovering the cursor over the graph shows savings for all categories on the x-axis and the cost to power the fixtures in the area by the hour on the y-axis. To prevent overcrowding of data, you can choose to show or hide categories depending on your needs. To hide a category, click on the icon next to the category.
- Occupancy Savings — Savings realized by reducing energy consumption due to lights and outlets being switched off when the space is vacant. Lights are turned on only when occupancy is detected.
Task Tune Savings — Savings realized by reducing energy consumption in a space due to manual overrides and applying task-specific lighting profiles to fixtures, providing just enough light levels for occupants to perform their daily tasks.
- Daylight Harvesting Savings — Savings realized by reducing energy consumption in a space through lights being dimmed when there is enough available natural light. As daylight levels increase, light levels automatically decrease to save energy.
- Energy Baseline — Energy savings calculated against a reasonable estimate of the Baseline or type of fixture. See Calculating Fixture-Level Energy Savings for additional information.
- Consumption — Displays the energy consumed in cost for the selected time period.
- Total Savings — Total Energy (Occupancy, Task Tune, Daylight Harvesting) consumed for the selected time duration.
Export to CSV
This section explains how to save the Energy Consumption details to a CSV file.
- Click Export as CSV to export the details to an Excel file format (CSV)
- Select the location to save the file.