The fixture database maintains and tracks the most complete, up-to-date, manufacturer-specific information about Fixture Types such as name, type, number of ballasts or bulbs, voltage, etc. For adding a Fixture Type, navigate to Administration-> System Management -> Fixture Type Management. The list of fixture types is displayed allowing you to add or manage the various fixture types.
You can add a fixtured or a fixtureless sensor.
- Adding a Fixtured Sensor: Sensors that control lights in the fixture
- Adding a Fixtureless Sensor: Sensors that collect streaming data for Enlighted applications such as Where and Space.
Refer to the corresponding section based on the type of sensor you are adding.
Note: The Desk sensors, a type of fixtureless sensors, used for detecting and streaming occupancy status, is already preconfigured as a Fixture Type in the Manage Fixture Type database. You only need to assign it to a facility. Refer to the article Enable Desk Sensors.
Adding a Fixtured Sensor
Fixtured sensors are used for lighting. To add a fixtured sensor, navigate to Administration-> System Management -> Fixture Type Management. Select the Fixture Type tab followed by the Add button.
In the Add Fixture Type window,
- Type a name for the fixture type.
- Do not check the Fixtureless box.
- Choose the ballast and the correct bulb information. If the ballast or bulb does not exist, you will need to add it to Manage. See Add and Manage Fixtures.
- Set the voltage.
- By default, set the Install Type to Unknown since this field is applicable only when adding fixtureless sensors.
- After you have entered all the details, click Add to add the fixture type to the database.
Adding a Fixtureless Sensor
The fixtureless sensor increases the sensor density in a facility collecting data and improving the accuracy for Enlighted applications, such as Where and Space, for indoor location and mapping for asset tracking and occupancy-based utilization.
However, the Enlighted Surface Sensor, USB, fixtureless Desk Sensors used for detecting and streaming occupancy status are already preconfigured as a Fixture Type in the database. You only need to assign the 'Desk Sensor' to a facility. Refer to the article Enable Desk Sensors. which explains how to do that.
To add a new fixtureless sensor, navigate to Administration-> System Management -> Fixture Type Management. Select the Fixture Type tab followed by the Add button.
In the Add Fixture Type window,
- Type a name for the fixture.
- Check the Fixtureless box. The remaining fields become non-editable as they are no longer applicable.
- Choose Install Type. This field is only applicable for accuracy location applications, such as the Where app. For details about Install Type, see Editing Fixture Installation Type.
- After you have entered all the details, click Add to add the fixtureless type to the database.
You have successfully added the fixtures to the database.
By default, the fixtures added to the database are not assigned to a facility, and so the next step is to assign the Fixture Types to a facility. Refer to the article Assigning Facility to a Fixture Type.
When assigning the fixture type to a sensor, only the fixture types assigned to the facility must be displayed in the drop-down list. See how to Assign Fixture Type to Sensors for displaying the Fixture Types associated with that facility.
Note that in some applications, the beacon signal's measurement is critical as it varies with distance to the ceiling or fixture-anchored sensor. The variation in distance impacts accuracy location in Enlighted applications, such as Where. Refer to the article Fixture Installation Type for specifying the type of installation.