Plug Load Controller switches on and off power outlets based on occupancy input received from the
sensors. Refer to the article Plug Load Controller (PLC) to know about PLCs. After an organization is set up in Manage and at least one Gateway added to Manage, you can add the PLC to the system.
Discovering Plug Load Controller
To discover a PLC on a floor:
- Select the floor in the Facilities tree.
- Click Devices.
- Click the Plugloads sub-tab. A list of discovered and commissioned PLCs is displayed.
- Click the Discover button.
In the Discover PLC pop-up,
- Select the appropriate Gateway.
- Type in the Number of installed Plug Loads in the facility.
Tip: The Number of installed Plugloads must be more than the Number of discovered Plugloads.
- Click Start to discover Plug Loads. When all PLCs are discovered, the number of discovered Plugloads is displayed.
Commissioning Plug Load Controller
After discovering the PLCs, the next step is to commission them. To commission and place a PLC on the floor plan,
- Select a Floor in the Facilities panel.
- Click Devices > Plugloads sub-tab to view the list of PLCs.
- Select a PLC and click the Commission button in the Action column. Alternatively, you can also click the Bulk Commission button to commission multiple PLCs on the same floor.
The Commission and Place Plug Load screen is displayed.
In the Commission and Place Plug Load menu,
- Select the PLC by clicking on it in the left panel.
- Select the required profile from the Profile drop-down list.
- Click on the Commission and Place button to commission PLC.
Commission and Place Plug Load on the Floor plan
Initially, place the PLC on the floor plan, right-click and select Commission and Place.
After the initial placement of the Plugload, you can drag it to its actual location on the floor plan. The commissioned Plug Load icon is displayed on the floor plan. Refer to the Device Icons article for a description of the device icon status.
For configuring a Plug Load profile instance, refer to Plug Load profiles.