To keep the Enlighted lighting sensor system working and functioning as it should, learn how to manage and care for your sensors. Dirt on the sensor lens can interfere in its signal detection, so Enlighted recommends regular cleaning and maintenance to head off future problems. The sensors are made with a variety of materials, and only the Ruggedized sensor variant has IP ratings.
The following are general guidelines for the maintenance of sensors.
- Use soap and water during cleaning. An alternative 70% Isopropyl Alcohol (IPA) can be used to clean the sensor. Note: The use of other chemicals such as chlorides, ketones, and degreasers accelerates the aging of the devices and gives them a yellowish color.
- Use only a lint-free and damp soft cloth or paper towel to prevent scratches and brightness degradation. Avoid abrasive paper towels, pads, or similar items.
- Avoid excessive scrubbing, which might cause damage.
- If possible, unplug all external power sources, devices, and cables.
- Keep liquids away from the product.
- Don't get moisture into any openings, especially around areas with the wiring.
- Don't use bleaches or aerosol sprays.
- Don't spray cleaners directly onto the product.
Article is closed for comments.