Sensors must be enabled to provide motion-bit data. Refer to the article IoT sensor licenses and Fine-grain Motion License, (API-MB-SU), to purchase additional licenses as needed to enable sensor level motion data. Use the Get Detailed Fine-Grain Sensor Data API call to obtain sensor motion data.
Users can enable or disable sensor level motion data from sensors in the following ways:
- Enable or Disable Motion Data for Sensors from the Floor Plan
- Enable or Disable Motion Data from the Fixture Details Screen
Enable or Disable Motion Data for Sensors from the Floor Plan
- In the Facilities left panel, click on the floor name.
- Click the Floor Plan tab.
- Select one or more sensors and right-click. Select Configure Sensor Motion API.
- Choose to either Enable or Disable Sensor Motion.
When enabled, the sensors send motion data via the Fine-grain API.
Enable or Disable Motion Data from the Fixture Details Screen
You can enable fine-grain motion for a given sensor from the Fixture Details screen.
- Double-click the sensor on the floor plan to view the Fixture Details screen.
- Check the box for Fine-grain Motion API to enable it for sending data via the Fine-grain Data API.
- Click Apply.