This article explains how to replace the Control Unit (CU-3) with CU-4E cable details.
- As Replacement for CU-3:
- Same footprint
- Same functionality
- Different cabling
- Cable adaptor (CBL-CU4-CPL) is required when replacing CU-3 with CU-4E, keeping existing cable and sensor.
Improved for New Design:
The CU-4E is an improved new design with the following features:
- Break-off tab for a smaller footprint
- Second 0-10V Dimming channel
- RJ45 Sensor Connector allows the use of CAT5 patch cables for connecting and extending cabling to the sensor.
Cable Adaptor (CBL-CU4-CPL) for CU3 Replacement
- Sensors connected to CU3 used cables that always terminated with an RJ12 connector for plugging into the CU3
- If the CU3 requires RMA replacement with a CU4, use the cable adaptor (CBL-CU4-CPL) is needed to correctly translate the 6-pin RJ12 wiring to the 8-pin RJ45 wiring used by the CU4.
CU-4E Adaptor Cable
CU-4E Adaptor Cable: When a Gen 4 sensor (SU-4) connected to a CU-3 that needs to be replaced with a CU-4E, use the CU-4E adaptor cable.
Refer to the Cabling Guide for Gen 5 sensors for a list of cables and pinouts.
Article is closed for comments.