If the red LED on a fixture’s sensor unit is on continuously, you will need to return the unit. Please check the procedure for obtaining the Return Merchandise Authorization (RMA).
After receiving the replacement sensor, remove the current sensor, and install the replacement in its place. Then, discover and commission the sensor.
Discover the Sensor
To discover sensors on a floor,
- Select a floor in the facilities navigation tree
- Click on Devices > Sensors sub-tab.
- Click the Discover button.
- Select the appropriate Gateway from the dropdown. Note that the Gateway should be the same as the old sensor.
- Type the Number of installed sensors in the facility
- Click Start to discover the RMA sensor.
Tip: The Number of installed sensors must be more than the Number of discovered sensors.
Manage adds the RMA sensor and lists it in the sensor table. Select the new sensor and click the Commission button in the Action column.
In the Commission and Place Fixtures screen,
- Select the sensor in the table or on the floor plan, as shown below. When you click a sensor on the floor plan, the sensor size increases, and it is highlighted.
- Click the sensor that needs to be replaced in the left panel.
- With the sensor highlighted in the table, select a fixture type from the drop-down list.
- Right-click the sensor on the floor plan and select RMA in the pop-up to commission the sensor, as shown below.
Click OK on the screen that is displayed.
Wait until Success is displayed and click Done.