Sensors Network Security FAQ
Do sensors implement certificate/API key-based authentication to access the data through the web services API?
Does the Enlighted sensor support authentication through the exchange of keys during device provisioning and certificate-based authentication?
- Yes. During the commissioning of the sensor, keys are transferred between Manage and sensor via a secure channel. Certificate exchange is not provided; only keys are supported.
Do the sensors support TLS encryption on a shared medium networking stack (e.g., Ethernet, WiFi)
If your sensors support remote access, what authentication method is supported?
- Remote access is only supported via Manage.
How is authentication/access to configuration settings and firmware updates managed?
- Configuration settings and firmware updates are managed via a secure channel (using sensor key) to transfer information to the sensor.
Will *all* access credentials be provided and be fully configurable?
- Access to sensors is only available through Manage.
How are ‘engineering’ or ‘factory’ credentials managed?
- Default factory credentials are removed during the commissioning process.
If your sensors support communication with external servers, can this be fully disabled?
- Remote access to sensors from other servers is not supported; remote access is available only through Manage.
If your device uses non-IP wireless technology, how is information exchanged between the network interface (wired or wireless) from the non-IP wireless communications?
- The gateway bridges between the proprietary sensor protocol and standard wired Ethernet communication.