The Open Automated Demand Response (ADR) is a custom feature that is not available by default. When this feature is enabled, you will be able to register with the utility company as an ADR user.
The Custom Features internal article explains how to enable this feature in Manage, or contact Enlighted Support for additional help or questions. When the System configuration value for the feature is saved successfully in Manage, the feature becomes available, and the Open ADR Configuration menu option appears in the Administration drop-down list. Otherwise, this option will not be displayed.
Also, note that the Demand Response (DR) events are different from ADR events. The DR events in Manage are available by default. End-users who are set up by the utility as a DR participating company will receive a notification from the utility of the DR event and their Manage Administrator will schedule the event in Manage. If that company is participating in Open Automated Demand Response, then Manage will need to be registered on the utilities Open ADR Server.
For configuring and scheduling DR events, see Initiating Demand Response and Holiday Override.
Registering with the Utility Company as an ADR User
To register with the utility company as an ADR user, contact your Facilities Administrator to obtain Open ADR server-specific information to set up and register with the Open ADR server. After you are registered as an ADR participant with the utility company's Open ADR server, you will be able to view and manage scheduled ADR events in Manage.
To register as an ADR user, navigate to Administration > Open ADR Configuration. The ADR User Registration dialog box containing the following information fields is displayed.
- ADR Events Service URL –The default URL for the Open ADR server to receive ADR events. The URL depends on the utility providing the Open ADR Events. For example, https://www.pge.openadr.com/vtn/OpenADR2/Simple/EiEvent
- ADR Version – Supports Open ADR Communications specification version 1.0 and 2.0.
- ADR User – Login username to Open ADR server
- Password – Password to Open ADR server. Keep the password in a safe place to prevent unauthorized use.
- Confirm Password – Password confirmation to Open ADR server
- Polling Time Interval (in seconds) – Specifies how often Manage should check for DR events
- ADR Client ID – The unique ADR client ID provided to you by the Open ADR server company
- Market Context 1, 2, 3 – Identifies a program or application-defined grouping to express market information about an open ADR event. For example, the definition of price and reliability information depends on the market context in which it exists.
- ADR Server ID 1, 2, 3 – Every Open ADR server, managed by the utility company, has a unique ID, provided by the company hosting the server. Up to three ADR servers can be connected, so three server IDs can be provided.
- Upload Key Store Certificate – Upload the key store certificate obtained from the utility company. The server will validate the key and associate the given key with the account information.
- Key Store Certificate Password – Password to open the key store certificate.
- Upload Trust Store Certificate – When the Open ADR server is deployed, the server trust store certificate will match the hostname on which the server operates. For Manage to authenticate the open ADR server when it connects, Manage needs the certificate. Upload this certificate provided by the Open ADR server.
- Trust Store Certificate Password – Password to open the Trust Store certificate.
- Prefix – The endpoint names will be of the form: http://<hostname>(:port)/(prefix/)OpenADR2/Simple/<service> Prefix is an optional URI path prefix used to separate Open ADR services from other services.
- Service Path – The name of the Eiservice (for example, EiEvent). Type the details in the ADR user registration, and click Submit.
After you are registered as a valid ADR user, you can view open ADR events. Navigate to Administration > Override Schedules. All open ADR events assigned to your organization are displayed in the lower part of the Manual Override Schedules window.
Article is closed for comments.