The Ruggedized Sensor, 2-wire, is a complete sensing and lighting control node powered from its attached light fixture.
Ruggedized Sensor, 2-wire, (Front and Rear)
- Enlighted Ruggedized Sensor, 2-wire: SU-5S-2W-xRx (HRW/LRW), or
- ½ (13 mm) inch Lock Nut
- ½ (13 mm) inch LB Conduit Body
- ½ (13 mm) inch Chase Nipple
- Hard Ceiling Mount Carrier: HCMC-SU-5E
Tools you may Need
- ½ (13 mm) inch Knock out tool
- Wire Stripper
A qualified electrician must perform installation and maintenance per local, state, and national electrical codes (NEC) and requirements.
- FELV circuits are not safe to touch.
- Isolate the circuits connected to any FELV source from the AC mains supply of the control gear.
- Ensure to protect the FELV circuit from any accidental contact.
- When installing the sensors, de-energize the FELV source and any AC main sources near the FELV.
- Place the sensors in a secure location, such as in the ceiling near a luminaire, with the cabling above the ceiling or within the luminaire.
- The NEC considers electrical equipment installed a minimum of 8 ft (2.5 m) off the floor to be suitably guarded against accidental contact.
- Circuits connected to any FELV control terminal must be insulated for the LV supply voltage of the control gear, and all terminals connected to the FELV circuit must be protected from accidental contact.
Ruggedized Sensor Installation
The Ruggedized sensor, 2-wire, is shipped with the cable attached to the sensor. The cable connection is compatible with 18AWG (0.75 mm2) solid wires with 7-9 mm (0.28-0.35 inches) of stripped length. The sensor can be mounted to the fixture using a conduit body and chase nipple or locknut. If you have ordered the Hard Ceiling Mount Carrier as an optional component, refer to the Hard Ceiling Mount for Diffuser Fixture Mount installation.
Step 1: De-energize the luminaire.
Mounting using the Conduit Body and Chase Nipple
Step 2: Remove the cover plate of the ½ inch (13 mm) LB conduit body by removing the two screws.
Step 2: Thread the Ruggedized sensor onto the LB conduit body.
Step 3: Replace the cover and two screws on the LB conduit body.
Step 4: Knock out a ½ inch (13 mm) hole on the end of the light fixture.
Step 5: Mount the Ruggedized Sensor, 2-wire, LB conduit to the fixture by guiding the sensor cable through the knockout and chase nipple into the fixture.
Step 6: Thread the chase nipple to securely connect the LB conduit to the fixture.
Mounting using the Locknut
Step 1: Knock out a ½ inch (13 mm) hole on the bottom of the light fixture.
Step 2: Glide the sensor cable through the knockout of the fixture.
Step 3: Thread the locknut tightly to secure the sensor to the fixture.
Connecting the Sensor Cable to the LED Driver
Step 1: Insert the end of the pair of wires into the LED driver.
Step 2: Energize the luminaire and confirm that the green LED is solid. Refer to the LED Descriptions.
|LED not on||The sensor is not powered on.Check power and wiring.|
|Blinking Green||The commissioned sensor has powered up and has detected motion. If there is no motion in the sensor’s field of view, the blinking will stop. Wave your hands below the sensor to restart LED blinking.|
|Solid Green||The uncommissioned sensor has powered up successfully and completed the wiring test with no unexpected conditions – waiting for discovery.|
|Blinking Red||The uncommissioned sensor has powered up and completed the wiring test with one or more conditions unexpected of a typical LED fixture – waiting for discovery.|
|Solid Red||Faulty sensor – replace the sensor.|
|Solid Blue||The sensor received a request to identify itself.|
|Blinking Blue||The uncommissioned sensor powered up successfully, but the sensor is unable to detect an energy measurement device (CU or Driver), waiting for discovery.|
|Blinking Magenta||When the sensor is connected to a DALI emergency driver that is currently in the process of an emergency test or an emergency test pending.|
|Interrupted Green||Un-commissioned fixtureless sensors.|
SU-5S-2W-HRW: Ruggedized Sensor, 2-wire, High Bay, White
SU-5S-2W-LRW: Ruggedized Sensor, 2-wire, Standard, White
Product Code: SU-5S-2W-xRx-xxx
xRx: HRW, LRW xxx: IoT Node (IoT), Connected Lighting (CL)
xRx-FL: HRW, LRW, Fixtureless (FL)
FCC ID: AQQ-SU5S