The Enlighted tags broadcast Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) beacon messages to Enlighted sensors that forward the messages to Manage. The third-party BlueGPS application from Synapses uses data from Manage to track tags as they move through the building. The real-time and historic location data can be used to find assets in real-time, provide space utilization analytics, or notify a specific user when certain event conditions are met. The event monitoring features detect conditions configured in the application and trigger events. The tags generate events that are sent to the sensors, which then forward the messages to Manage. The tags send the following types of tag event messages:
- Tag button events when the button is activated on the physical tag
- Low battery alert events
Due to the volume of data collected by the sensors and reported to Manage, it may sometimes lead to heavy traffic load, packet loss, and network congestion. To reduce congestion in the network, you can configure the Bluetooth Tag Settings in Manage by
Choosing a Data Reporting Interval
The sensors report tag events to Manage every 30 seconds and battery events every 240 seconds by default. The System or Facility Admin can change the default values for all sensors in the building to reduce network congestion, packet loss, or delays. To control the frequency of how often the sensors report tag messages to Manage,
- Navigate to the Settings tab.
- Select a building in the left-panel facility tree.
- In the Bluetooth Tag Settings box,
- Specify a time interval in seconds (between 1-255 seconds) for how often the sensors report tag button events.
- Specify a time interval in seconds (between 60-255 seconds) for how often the sensors report battery events.
- Click Save.
Selecting Sensors to Report Data
Sensors, by default, are not listening for BLE tag events. You must manually select sensors on the floor plan to receive BLE tag messages from tags. To choose which sensors can receive and report BLE tag messages to Manage,
- In the Facilities left-panel, click on the floor name. On the floor plan display.
- Select the Floor Plan tab.
- Select Bluetooth mode from the View drop-down list.
- Select one or more sensors on the floor plan and right-click to display a dialog box.
- Select Start Tag Events. The message Event Started Successfully is displayed, confirming that the sensors are forwarding tag events to Manage.
To stop sending messages anytime, repeat the above process, and select Stop Tag Events. The message Event Stopped Successfully is displayed, confirming that the sensors are not reporting messages from the tags to Manage.
Verifying the BLE Tag Event Status for a Sensor
You can verify if a sensor is reporting tag events to Manage from the Fixture Details screen.
- Double-click the sensor on the floor plan to view the Fixture Details screen. If the sensor is reporting tag events, the BLE Tag Events Status will be displayed as Enabled. Disabled means the sensor is not reporting tag events. See Selecting Sensors to Report Data to start or stop tag events. By default, sensors do not report tag events, and they must be configured to report tag events after upgrading to the Manage 4.0 release.