The Enlighted Enterprise Manage (EEM), sourced from Dell, comes with VMware vSphere Hypervisor pre-loaded on the EEM server. The free license of the VMware Hypervisor starts with the full unlocked version. After the trial period of 60 days expires, it becomes limited in functionality though you can continue to use the system.
When the trial period expires, Enlighted recommends that the customer registers and downloads the license and provides the license key to the Enlighted Support team, who can help to install the software on the customer's server.
Note: Please submit a ticket to Enlighted Support with the license key.
To get the free license,
- The owner of the server needs to go to following VMWare URL and register.
For ESXi 6- https://customerconnect.vmware.com/en/web/vmware/evalcenter?p=free-esxi6
For ESXi 7 - https://customerconnect.vmware.com/en/web/vmware/evalcenter?p=vsphere-eval-7
- At the top of the webpage, go to "Products," "All Products."
- Select "Products" from the left panel.
- Select "vSphere Hypervisor (ESXi)"
- Click "Download Product."
- From the "License & Download" tab, click Register and fill out the form and submit. It's not necessary to actually download the software.
- The license key will appear after you register. Copy the license key that is on the "License & Download" tab.
- Paste the license key into the instance of VMware on your Enlighted Manage (you can refer to steps 7 and 8 on this website to see screenshots of this step: https://www.virten.net/2016/11/free-esxi-6-5-how-to-download-and-get-license-keys/)
- The Terms & Conditions are referenced at the bottom of the VMware web page.