- Who and what is Space intended for?
- What type of analysis does Space provide?
- How can I understand the use of my real estate?
- Does Space provide an analysis of conference rooms?
- How granular is the analysis?
- Is data collected anonymously?
- Can Space count the number of people in a room?
- Can Space detect desk occupancy?
- How do customers derive value from Space?
- Does Space measure dwell time?
- Does the heatmap differentiate a space that is used often but for very short periods of time vs. a space used less frequently but for a longer duration?
- How far back can you access occupancy data?
- Who is using Space?
- Is it possible to deploy Space on a VEEM installation? Is there a procedure to connect to their on-prem solution (VEEM)?
- Is there a EULA for Space application?
Who and what is Space intended for?
- Space is intended for planners and project managers in the Corporate Real Estate team. It can also be used by partners that help in real estate planning, optimization, and management. The purpose of Space is to provide a credible foundation of facts and analysis that can support real estate decision-making.
What type of analysis does Space provide?
- Space provides three types of major analytical areas
- An executive dashboard that displays average and peak utilization of space at any level of your real estate portfolio (entire footprint, region, campus or building level)
- Conference Room analysis for portfolio/region/campus/building
- Detailed analysis of space occupancy, motion, and utilization for every area of a specific floor in a building
How can I understand the use of my real estate?
- The Utilization Dashboard shows the use of the real estate.
Does Space provide an analysis of conference rooms?
How granular is the analysis?
- You can drill down portfolio > region > campus > building > floor > defined space (for example, a room) and obtain occupancy and utilization data for any of the levels.
- You can get data for any of the above on an hourly, daily, weekly, monthly basis, or for any custom time range.
Is data collected anonymously?
- Space is a data aggregation of occupancy information collected by the Enlighted passive infrared sensor. The data is anonymous, detecting occupancy, but not the identity of the person.
Can Space count the number of people in a room?
- Space focuses on anonymous data collection of building occupancy at scale, distinguishing between room occupancy and room utilization without counting the exact number of people in a room. For example, in a room with eight sensors, even if one person is present, the room is considered 100% occupied. However, if only one sensor is detecting occupancy, the utilization recorded is 12.5% (1 out of 8). Space thereby provides space planners fine-grained metrics collected anonymously.
Can Space detect desk occupancy?
- No. Space does not detect desk occupancy using ceiling fixture-mounted sensors. However, Enlighted plans to release a desk-sensing solution for accurately detecting desk occupancy.
How do customers derive value from Space?
|Portfolio-level space utilization dashboards and reporting||Increased visibility into poorly used floors and buildings||Reduce real estate lease cost by 10-25%|
|Floor-level space usage visualizations||Identify spaces and ways to accommodate additional people||Improve real estate square feet per person (density) to <150 sq. feet per person|
|Real-time monitoring of shared spaces and employee occupancy||Increased shared space availability and utilization||Increased employee productivity|
|Reliable and time-stamped data on space utilization||Use a fact-based foundation for real estate expansion/shrinking||Avoid unwanted new CAPEX or reduce existing CAPEX by unwarranted expansion|
Does Space measure dwell time?
- Space measures dwell time to establish the heatmap and motion trails map. If dwell time is relatively long, it means the person is moving, and it won’t show up in the motion trails map. On the other hand, relatively long dwell time will show up as red in the heatmap. However, the dashboard does not explicitly display dwell time in seconds or minutes.
Does the heatmap differentiate a space that is used often but for very short periods of time vs. a space used less frequently but for a longer duration?
- The heatmap does not differentiate between space often used for short periods of time vs. space used less frequently but for a longer duration. Though, you could adjust the time periods to get data.
How far back can you access occupancy data?
- You can get occupancy data from as far back as 45 days when the Energy Manager (EM) server is located on-premise. When the EM is connected to eCloud or EMC (Energy Manager in the Cloud), occupancy data is available from the first instance of deploying the system.
Who is using Space?
- Space is being used by more than a dozen global companies to understand their real estate usage of their corporate campuses, large multi-floor office towers, and specific buildings in large portfolios.
Is it possible to deploy Space on a VEEM installation? Is there a procedure to connect to the on-prem solution (VEEM)?
- Yes, it is possible. The process is identical to the cloud connecting an Energy Manager. The VEEM must have outbound communication through the corporate network and communicate with Enlighted’s e-cloud. Refer to Virtual Enterprise EM (VEEM) FAQs.
Is there a EULA for Space application?
Refer to the Acceptable Use Policy in the Terms and Agreements section in our Support site.