The procedure for adding sensors includes:
To discover sensors on a floor,
- Select a Floor in the Facilities navigation tree.
- Click on Devices
- Click on the Sensors sub-tab.
- Click the Discover button. The Discover Sensors pop-up appears.
- Select the required Gateway.
- Type the total Number of installed sensors in the facility or floor.
- Click Start to discover the sensors. The Discovering Sensors message is displayed, and the number of discovered sensors is updated as the Gateway communicates and discovers the sensors.
The discovered sensors are displayed in the sensors table. Refer to the article, Commissioning Sensors.
When discovering sensors with a specific Gateway, the Gateway will discover all sensors within its reach. However, if you have multiple Gateways installed on the same floor and would like to evenly distribute the sensors among Gateways, choose to do either of the following:
If you have a list of MAC IDs of the sensors that need to be associated with each Gateway, check the MAC ID and remove sensors not to be related to this Gateway by clicking the Delete button.
- Commission all the discovered sensors. Go to the floor plan, select the appropriate sensors that need to be associated with a different Gateway, and right-click and choose Change Gateway. Refer to the Change Gateway article.