The BACnet license is applicable and available only for on-premise Manage servers. The BACnet interface provides seamless integration for communication between the Enlighted lighting network and Building Management Systems (BMS). BACnet enables lighting control and monitoring via the BMS.
This article describes BACnet licenses and how to determine the number of licenses or BACnet points needed.
BACnet License Types
Enlighted provides three types of BACnet licenses. A user can always enable BACnet points without the necessary licenses, but the proper software licenses must be purchased and installed on the system to remain in compliance.
- BACnet Base License (Product code: BAC-BS-SU-X-00)
- BACnet Group Point License (Product code: BAC-GP-AREA-X-00)
- BACnet Sensor Point License (Product code: BAC-SP-SU-X-00)
1. BACnet Base License (BAC-BS-SU-X-00)
The BACnet Base License is mandatory any time BACnet is enabled. The Group and Sensor Point licenses require the purchase of a BACnet Base License. The Base License entitles users to enable the following points:
|Manage Energy Consumed – Lighting:||Total energy consumption for all the lights|
|Manage Energy Consumed – Plugload:||Total energy consumption for all the plugloads|
|Manage Demand Response (DR) Level||Set demand response level for EM|
|DR Duration||Duration value in minutes that the BMS sends to Manage and this point is displayed in the BACnet configuration report.|
|Manage Emergency Status ON:||Sets all lights to a maximum level of 100%|
|Gateway Outage Count||Number of gateways not currently communicating|
2. BACnet Group Point License (BAC-GP-AREA-X-00)
The Enlighted BACnet Group Point License enables a BMS to control lights and get data, such as occupancy status or energy consumption, from an area configured in Manage. This license entitles users to enable the following area-wide points:
|Area Consumed Energy – Lighting:||Total energy consumption for all the lights|
|Area Consumed Energy – Plugload - Total:||Total energy consumption for all the plugloads|
|Area Occupancy Status:||State of occupancy in the area|
|Area Emergency Status ON:||Sets all lights to a maximum level of 100%.|
|Area Lighting Control:||Controls light levels for the number of minutes specified in the ‘AreaManualOverrideDuration’ field.|
|Area Override:||Sets lights to Holiday Profile override for the number of minutes specified in the override duration command issued from BMS.|
3. BACnet Sensor Point License (BAC-SP-SU-X-00)
This license includes points for each of the fixtures or plugload points. This is the number of sensors commissioned on Manage multiplied by the number of BACnet Sensor Points enabled.
|Individual Points (Fixture)|
|Fixture Consumed Energy:||Energy consumed by the fixture|
|Fixture Dim Level:||Read and set light level (0% - off, 100% - full on)|
|The temperature of the fixture|
|Individual Points (Plugload):|
|Plugload Energy - Total:||Energy consumed by the Plugload|
|Plugload Status – On/Off:||Read and set the state of the Plugload|
Note: Refer to the Enlighted Lighting BACnet PICS document for details.
Determine the Number of Sensors and BACnet Points
The table below summarizes the three deployment options for Enlighted Manage along with the scalability limits when BACnet is enabled. Sensor capacity is the total quantity of sensors commissioned to Manage. BACnet Points are the total number of BACnet points (base, group, and individual) being serviced by Manage.
Max. Sensor Capacity
Max. BACnet Points Supported
Manage 1500 (Base)
Midrange Enlighted Manage 5000 (Midrange)
Enterprise Enlighted Manage (EEM)
10,000 with BACnet
18,000 without BACnet
The quantity of BACnet Base Licenses required when BACnet is enabled is equal to the quantity of Enlighted Gen 5 or newer sensors commissioned to the system.
1. Determine Group Points
When Area Group Points are enabled, the quantity of BACnet Group Point Licenses required is equal to the quantity of Group Points enabled multiplied by the number of areas configured in Manage. In the below example, a user has enabled all six BACnet Group Points. If there were 10 areas configured within Manage, then 60 BACnet Group Point Licenses (6 x 10) would be required.
2. Determine Individual Points
When Individual Points are enabled, the quantity of BACnet Individual Points required is equal to the quantity of Individual Points enabled multiplied by the quantity of Enlighted Gen 5 or newer sensors commissioned to the system. In the below example, four BACnet Individual Points are enabled. If Manage has 50 Gen 5 (SU-5) sensors, then Manage would be using 200 BACnet Individual Point Licenses.
Please contact Enlighted Support or your Enlighted representative to purchase the necessary software licenses. See Request License for how to request and install your purchased software licenses on Manage.
Upload BACnet Licenses
When additional BACnet licenses are purchased and successfully uploaded, the License Management screen displays the type of license that is uploaded along with the unit of measure and the license quantity, as shown below. For instructions about how to upload a license, see Upload License.
- Base License – These licenses grant users the privilege to enable BACnet and enable all or some of the BACnet Manage Group Points. When the quantity of commissioned Enlighted Gen 5 sensors is greater than the quantity of active BACnet Base active licenses installed, Manage is out-of-compliance.
- BACnet Group Point – These licenses grant users the privilege to enable some quantity of BACnet Area Group Points. When the number of BACnet Area Group Points enabled multiplied by the number of areas is greater than the quantity of active BACnet Group Point licenses, Manage is out-of-compliance.
- Sensor Point – These licenses grant users the privilege to enable some quantity of BACnet Individual Points. When the number of BACnet Individual Points enabled multiplied by the quantity of commissioned Enlighted Gen 5 sensors is greater than the quantity of active BACnet Sensor Point Licenses installed on Manage, then Manage is out-of-compliance.
Refer to the article Enable BACnet to learn how to enable BACnet in Manage.