This procedure describes how to upgrade the firmware image on sensors, gateways, and plugloads.
Before proceeding with the upgrade,
- Please read the Release Notes, and download the latest sensor or device firmware image, and save it to your system. Only registered partners and customers have access to download firmware images.
- Upload or add the firmware image file to Manage.
- Download and Add the XML Compatibility List to Manage before upgrading the sensor firmware to determine if you can upgrade the sensors to the new version.
- Before upgrading any image on a sensor, turn off the BLE scan mode on the sensors to minimize the chances of errors for a successful upgrade.
Note: Only users with role administrators are allowed to upgrade the firmware image files.
To upgrade firmware image on a sensor, gateway, or plugload device, navigate to Administration -> Firmware Upgrade.
- In the Firmware Upgrade window, click the Manual Upgrade tab.
- In the Facilities left panel, select a floor containing the devices.
- On the floor plan, choose one or more devices of the same type to upgrade. To select multiple devices such as sensors or gateways not next to each other, hold down the Ctrl key as you click on each device until all are chosen. To select sensors or devices from multiple floors, click the floor name and select one or more devices.
- Click the button to add them to the table of selected devices. This step can be repeated.
- Select the firmware image file from the corresponding device firmware image drop-down list. For example, select an image from the Select a fixture image drop-down list.
- Click Start Upgrade to initiate the upgrade process.
- Check the status of the upgrade process by clicking Upgrade Job History.
- For devices located on another facility item or a different device type, repeat steps 2 – 8.
The following screen shows the above steps performed on the Upgrade Image screen:
Note: By mistake, if the same type of device is not selected, the upgrade will fail.
To view the firmware upgrade status, see Viewing Job History and Device Firmware Upgrade Status.