Before upgrading the sensor firmware, download the XML Compatibility List file from the link at the bottom of the article and upload it to Manage. The Firmware (FW) Compatibility List determines if you can upgrade the sensors to the new version. A warning message is displayed when upgrading sensor firmware via a path not in the Compatibility list.
Adding the Downloaded Compatibility List
Download and save the XML FW Compatibility List file to your system. To upload the Compatibility List file in Manage,
- Go to Administration-> Firmware Upgrade.
- Click the Add Compatibility List button available in the lower half of the window to the right to upload the file. After the file is uploaded, the files are extracted and listed in the Firmware Compatibility List.
The FW Compatibility List extracts and shows the range of approved upgrade paths, as shown below.
The FW Compatibility List determines if you can upgrade the sensor listed in the Allowed Versions column with the corresponding firmware image file in the Filename column. Any unsupported upgrade path will warn you not to proceed with the upgrade displaying a warning message when upgrading sensor firmware via a path not in the Compatibility list.
To upgrade the sensor firmware image,
- Download the corresponding Gen 5/4 sensor firmware image file.
- Add the firmware image file to Manage, and
- Perform either an automatic or a manual firmware upgrade.
Article is closed for comments.