- Asset Tag (AT-1U-H1)
- Mounting Bracket (BRKT-AT-1U)
Asset Tags Placement Guidelines
The placement and positioning of asset tags are important for an unobscured line of sight to the sensors on the ceiling. Here is a guideline of recommended locations for asset tags.
Office or Medical Devices: The ideal location is to place the asset tag on top of the device. The order of preference is to place the tag
- on the device's top horizontal plastic insulating panel.
- on the device's top horizontal conducting metal or metalized panel.
- on the device's side at the highest unobscured location, or on the insulation plastic panel, vertically oriented with the button facing upwards.
- on the device's side at the highest unobscured location, or the conducting metal or metalized panels, vertically oriented with the button facing upwards.
Do not place the tag
- on the bottom of the device (without any clear view of the ceiling)
- in obscured location (for example, inside a cavity, etc.)
The tag must be activated before use and added to the Where application.
Activating the Tag
Refer to the article Activating Tags.
Adding the Tag to the Where Application
Log in to the Where application as an Administrator and click the Tags tab in the navigation bar. Refer to the article, Adding a Tag to save the tag, so it is registered in the system and appears in the list of tags.
Mounting the Tag to a Flat Surface
Step 1: Remove the adhesive cover from the tag's back and securely attach the asset tag to the equipment following the recommended placement guidelines.
Mounting the Tag to a Curved Surface using the Bracket
The asset tag can be secured to a structure with a curved surface such as a chair leg, equipment post, etc., using the mounting bracket and cable ties (BRKT-AT-1U). Determine if the asset tag requires a bracket to be mounted.
Step 1: Insert the tapered end of the tie through the upper slot in the bracket.
Step 2: Insert a second tie through the lower slot in the bracket.
Step 3: Hold the bracket and loop the cable ties around the curved surface of the structure.
Step 4: Pull the tapered end of the tie through the back of the tie head. Repeat this for the second tie until the bracket attaches itself snugly to the structure.
Step 5: Remove the adhesive cover from the back of the tag.
Step 6: Securely attach the asset tag to the mounting bracket.
FCC ID: AQQ-AT1U