When an area has been activated as a zonal sensor area, the area starts reporting real-time aggregated occupancy data for the configured area. Otherwise, occupancy data is not reported for the area.
Note: An area can be enabled as a zonal sensor area only when the following conditions are met.
- An area must exist on the floor plan. See Adding an Area.
- Sensors on the floor plan must be assigned to an area. See Assigning Sensors to an Area.
Sensors in an area for which Zonal Occupancy is enabled will report occupancy status 'Occupied' to Manage within a few seconds of detecting motion. The default vacancy timeout is 90 seconds; if no further motion is detected for the duration of this period, the sensor will report occupancy status 'Vacant'.
Also, please note that the timeout value is independent of the profile Active Motion Window value; thus, it is likely that a zone is marked as Vacant even though the lights in the zone are still On (timeout value < Active Motion Window value), or the zone is marked as Occupied even though the lights in the zone are Off (timeout value > Active Motion Window). If you would like to change the default vacancy timeout, please contact Enlighted Support.
To activate an area as a zonal sensor area,
- Click on the floor in the facilities' navigation panel.
- Click the Settings tab.
- Click the Edit button corresponding to the area name displayed in the lower portion of the screen.
Note: Only after you click the Edit button, the Save button is displayed.
- Check the Enable as Zone Sensor option to activate the sensors in the area to be zone sensors.
- Click the Save button.
The Zone Sensor Enabled column indicates the status of the zone sensors as True or False.
- True – Sensors in the area are activated to be zone sensors
- False – Sensors in the area are disabled as zone sensors
Note: The Energy and Environment APIs are complimentary with the purchase of Connected Lighting or IoT sensor software licenses. Hence, an area can be activated as a zonal sensor without the requisite Real-time Area Occupancy License.