If the red LED on an ERC is on continuously, you will need to return the unit. Please check the procedure for obtaining the Return Merchandise Authorization (RMA).
Replacing a Defective ERC
After receiving the replacement switch, remove the current unit, and install the replacement in its place. Refer to the Enlighted Room Control (WS-2-00) Installation Guide to replace the ERC switch. After installing the ERC switch, perform discovery and commissioning.
To RMA an ERC,
- Select a Floor from the Facilities left panel.
- Click on Devices > Switch > ERCs tab.
- Click the Add button a pop-up appears.
- Select the Gateway (GW) in the pop-up to communicate with the ERC and click OK. The Commission and Place ERC screen appears.
- Press and hold buttons 2 and 4 on the ERC for five seconds until the green LED on the ERC blinks. Refer to the article Adding ERCs.
- Click the Start Discovery button. The ERCs are discovered and displayed in the Discovered column.
- Select the required ERC from the left pane by clicking on it.
- Right-click on the floor plan and select the RMA option. The ERC has been successfully added and commissioned.