Enlighted offers external hardware contact closure devices that can connect to the Manage server located within the building's premises. Manage supports the Barionet 50 Contact Closure devices. The Barionet 50 accepts four input controls; each input control can be programmed to perform an action when the trigger goes from open to close (0 to 1). When the trigger goes back from close to open (1 to 0), no action is programmed to be taken by the Contact Closure.
For installing and configuring the Contact Closure device, and TCP port, contact Enlighted Support.
Note: The Contact Closure must get the IP address only from Manage DHCP. This applies to all models: Manage, Midrange Manage, Enterprise Manage. Refer to the Manage Spec Sheets.
Also, ensure that the Contact Closure runs VB2.02 and above; otherwise, download the latest version from www.barix.com. While configuring the device, the TCP Port must be set to 12302.
Each Contact Closure input can be programmed to perform any of the following actions when the trigger goes from open to close (0 to 1).
- Set all Fixtures in Manage to a Percentage (1-100%): When the contact closure is triggered, all lights configured in Manage can be set to a light level value between 1 to 100 percent. Lights are full-on at 100.
- Set all Fixtures in Switch Group to a Scene: Based on the lighting profiles configured for fixtures belonging to a switch group for a scene, the Contact Closure returns all fixture light lights defined for the scene.
- Set all Fixtures in Manage to Auto Mode: Based on the lighting profiles configured for fixtures in Manage, the Contact Closure returns all lights to their assigned fixture profiles.
- Set all Fixtures in Switch Group to Auto Mode: Based on the lighting profiles configured for fixtures belonging to a switch group, the Contact Closure returns all lights to their assigned fixture.
- Do Nothing: When the Contact Closure is triggered, it takes no action.
Discovering Contact Closure Devices
After a Contact Closure is installed and configured, navigate to Administration > Contact Closure Configuration menu. To discover the Contact Closure device, check the Enable box to enable the Contact Closure devices and click Save.
Note: The Discover button appears on the screen only after the Save button is clicked.
Click the Discover button to discover all Barionet Contact Closure devices in the network. The discovered Contact Closure devices are listed along with the MAC and IP addresses, as shown below.
Programming Contact Closure Devices
- Click the Edit button to program a Contact Closure.
- Select an Action for each input. If Set all Fixtures in Switch Group to a percentage is selected, select one or more switches from the Switch Group drop-down.
- Enter a value in the Duration column indicating the length of time to hold the Action.
- Repeat the steps above for each input of the Contact Closure device.
- Click the Save button.
Note: When multiple inputs are triggered simultaneously, the last input received by Manage will take priority.