Homepage cards are created and managed in the Basic Console. Homepage cards allow you to communicate critical information to your entire organization as well as information related to the user’s selected building.
When a user signs in to the app, they can have quick access to urgent alerts, information about benefits, local services and restaurants, nearby transportation, other apps and more.
|Static cards||Templates help you create cards with information for your entire portfolio or for specific buildings and access groups.|
|Dynamic cards||Your implementation team may set up cards during your implementation that tie into other applications or data.|
|Feature cards||The app includes standard cards configured to features, such as Room or Desk booking.|
Homepage cards serve as an entry point to other information and should include just enough detail to convey the subject. Content that addresses the following questions tends to be most effective.
What is the most important information to convey?
What information changes most frequently?
What information is handy to have quick access to and difficult to find elsewhere?
Create local content: The best homepage cards provide up-to-date information about the location and local services that employees rely on throughout their workdays, such as transit, parking, cafe menus, etc.
- Be concise: Try to limit static cards to three to five, so they’ll complement other feature cards without being overlooked. Also see Card Template Specifications for character counts.
- Update cards regularly: Keep employees interested and informed about the latest updates in their workplace. If updates are consistent, users will get in the habit of checking for new information.
- Keep urgent cards at the top: Move cards with the most important content to the top and keep the least important content at the bottom. You can also use the Alert Card functionto pin one card to the top of the homepage.
- Cover the basics
- Alert card – At the top: Important announcements and information all employees should know.
- Office news – Communicate timely information that is important to people coming into the office, like changes to procedures, facilities, amenities, or services.
- Building (or campus) information – Highlight key campus or building information.
- Local menus – Share a link to menus at food spots in the area or cafeterias within your organization. These cards tend to be the most popular.
- Transportation – Link to a local transportation network.
Card template specifications
Image on top
Image on left or right
Use a short phrase as your call to action; text appears on the button that leads to a resource link.
|16 characters or less||16 characters or less|
Briefly describe the resource; you can include hours of operation, contact information, etc.
|130 characters or less||85 characters or less|
Use a few words to introduce the card’s subject; text appears in bold above the content.
|19 characters or less||22 characters or less|
Select a high-quality image related to your resource; ratios must be exact to specifications.
|Width to height ratio: 2.6:1
Min: 304px width x 96px height
Max: 480px width x 152px height
|Width to height ratio: 1:1.34
136px width x 183px height
Cards Manager overview
In Basic Console - Desktop, go to Configurations > Select Portfolio/Building > Update
> Cards Manager
Example: Building Level Config > Cards Manager