ACCESS: Users with Global Admin, Super Client Admin, and Client Admin permissions can create and manage Workspace Reservations.
In the Basic Console, administrators can create Bookable Zones and set Capacity Threshold limits that can be viewed and reserved by employees using the App. Workspace Reservations functionality does not require any calendar integrations.
- A Zone represents either an area within a building or an entire building
- Zones have a defined limit on the number of people who can reserve a Workspace in that Zone per day
After the Enlighted Connect delivery team turns on Workspace Reservations for your building, follow the steps below to configure.
To configure Workspace Reservations, you will:
- Set up Bookable Zones with Capacity Thresholds
- Set up the Workspace Reservations Homepage Card
- You can also enable Visitor Reservations if you want to allow employees to make reservations for visitors.
Set up Bookable Zones with capacity thresholds
- In Basic Console - Desktop > Configurations > Building Configuration > Feature Settings > Capacity Management
- Go to Bookable Zone Capacity Configuration > Create Multiple Bookable Zones toggle:
- ON = Multiple zones within a building (floor, area, etc.)
- OFF = One zone for the entire building
- Go to Advance booking > Days in advance and enter the number of days in advance employees can reserve a Workspace in the building.
- Scroll to Create Bookable Zones and enter a Zone Name that helps users easily identify what type of space the Zone is, such as a physical characteristic, location, etc.
- Be sure to stay consistent with your naming conventions.
- Enterthe Floor number where the Zone is located.
- Enter the Zone Occupancy Threshold, which is the maximum number of people who can safely occupy the Zone.
- Determines how many employees can reserve a Workspace in that Zone per day
- Each Zone should have its own Occupancy Threshold.
- The building Occupancy Threshold is the sum of all the Zones in the building. This is true when there are multiple Zones or just one.
- Assign the Access group for the Zone.
- An access group must be added before the Zone is visible and bookable in the app.
- Each zone has its own access group settings.
- Each zone has a building-level or portfolio-wide access group. NOTE: Only your Enlighted Connect Support can create portfolio-wide access groups; please contact support for questions.
- To add additional Zones, click + Add sub-zone.
- Click Save zone configurations. The zone is immediately available in the App.
- If the zone does not appear, refresh the page to display.
Set up the Workspace Reservations Homepage Card
After you set up Zones for a building, you can turn on the Workspace Reservations Homepage Card. This card appears on the home screen, where employees and look at availability and schedule a reservation.
- In Basic Console > Go to Bookable Zone Capacity Configuration > Feature Settings.
- TURN ON the toggle. The card is immediately available in the App.
- If needed, you can modify the default text in the Title field (limit 30 characters) and Description field (limit 300 characters).
- Click Save.
Enable Visitor Reservations
Employees can make reservations for visitors coming to their building from the app.
- This feature is OFF by default. Bookable Zones with Capacity Thresholds must already be set up for the building to turn this ON.
- Up to 10 visitor reservations are allowed per user, per Zone, per day. Only one self-reservation per building is allowed per day.
- Visitors typically are not app users. If a reservation is made for a visitor who is also an app user, the reservation is tied to the organizer’s account, not the user’s.
- In Basic Console > Go to Bookable Zone Capacity Configuration > Allow reservations for visitors and colleagues toggle.
- TURN ON the toggle. The change is saved automatically.